Top Posts & Pages
- Ed Miliband is concerned about immigrant workers; he should also worry about large, wealthy families and dwindling resources
- H.M.Government e-petition on FGM rejected
- Campaigning will shift the climate, to end FGM in Britain
- Age-related sexism: women candidates for council, mayor and commissioner elections?
- FGM is a universal horror, including in Britain
- Regional pay: how to increase the North-South divide and weaken the ConDem coalition?
- RT @sharonpavey: Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level gu.com/p/3fmv2/tw via @guardian 2 days ago
- RT @Lewis_Lab: estimate: FGM -> 1 to 2 deaths per 100 deliveries. (WHO prospective study, 6 African countries, n=28393) http://t.co/wpSIbPr… 2 days ago
Tag Cloud#FGM #NoFGM 1980s Andrew Lansley austerity AV (Alternative Vote) Big Society children Coalition communities ConDems Conservative culture David Cameron DE-governance demography economy Ed Miliband education elections equality feminist FGM (female genital mutilation) George Osborne Grant Shapps health herstory housing infants Labour leadership Liberal Democrat localism maternity NHS Nick Clegg political defections politicians poverty professionals public services small state Sure Start Children's Centres Victorian welfare state
Tag Archives: Sure Start Children’s Centres
Well done to the Universities and Science Minister, David Willetts, for speaking out on climate change; he emphasises today (The Times, 25 February 2012) that ‘something real is happening’ when the ice cap starts to melt. But did the man … Continue reading
David Lammy MP is reported to believe that working class people should be allowed to smack their children within ‘reasonable’ limits. Whether he also believes that (in the public perception?) banning the physical chastisement of children helped fuel the 2011 Summer … Continue reading
Spring. The days get longer, and my personal livid gets stronger. Not a healthy state for anyone, but with a fair wind perhaps we shall see a degree of amelioration on 5 May (UK local and devolved government election day). … Continue reading
My guess is that few (more likely, none) of the present Cabinet – has had personal, direct responsibility for the totally unaided care of a small child, let alone two or more small children, for 24+ hours, non-stop. If I’m … Continue reading