Top Posts & Pages
- Ed Miliband is concerned about immigrant workers; he should also worry about large, wealthy families and dwindling resources
- H.M.Government e-petition on FGM rejected
- Campaigning will shift the climate, to end FGM in Britain
- Age-related sexism: women candidates for council, mayor and commissioner elections?
- FGM is a universal horror, including in Britain
- Regional pay: how to increase the North-South divide and weaken the ConDem coalition?
- Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation by @HilaryBurrage shar.es/1cquOM via @Asgate #NoFGM textbook #EndFGM 5 days ago
- 'Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation' by @HilaryBurrage shar.es/17Z1HG * Intro promo 50% discount code: 50DNN15N #E_FGM 2 months ago
Tag Cloud#FGM #NoFGM 1968 1970s 1980s 1990s Andrew Lansley austerity AV (Alternative Vote) Big Society blogger children Coalition communities ConDems Conservative crime culture David Cameron David Lammy DE-governance demography disability e-petition economy Ed Miliband education elections equality feminist FGM (female genital mutilation) FPTP (first past the post) George Osborne Grant Shapps hacking health herstory hope housing incompetence infants Ken Clarke Labour leadership legislation Liberal Democrat Liverpool localism Lynne Featherstone maternity matriarch misogyny morals News International NHS Nick Clegg opinion polls political defections politicians poverty professionals progressive public services rape shroud waving single mums small state Sue Marsh Sure Start Children's Centres Theresa May Victorian welfare state women workforce www
Tag Archives: localism
Others have already proffered more complex analysis of the Osborne Budget that I can. Few however can be more angry than I about what it will mean for large numbers of our fellow citizens. You may be equally as appalled as … Continue reading
You may remember ‘double devolution’; but if you do it’s probably because you are a politically progressive activist. Double devolution was the name given when Labour was in power by then Communities Secretary Hazel Blears, and her ministerial colleague Andrew … Continue reading
The Minister for Housing and Local Government, Grant Shapps, has it seems stepped into the debate up in Liverpool about whether to demolish the early home of ex-Beatle Ringo Starr, where Starr lived for three months (the home he mostly grew up … Continue reading
Local Government Minister Grant Shapps‘ letter in The Guardian today (17 December 2010) refers to the Government’s Localism Bill as a vehicle which ‘will restore local government to its former glory’, and thereby deliver the Big Society. But what sort … Continue reading