Top Posts & Pages
- Ed Miliband is concerned about immigrant workers; he should also worry about large, wealthy families and dwindling resources
- H.M.Government e-petition on FGM rejected
- Campaigning will shift the climate, to end FGM in Britain
- Age-related sexism: women candidates for council, mayor and commissioner elections?
- FGM is a universal horror, including in Britain
- Regional pay: how to increase the North-South divide and weaken the ConDem coalition?
- RT @sharonpavey: Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level gu.com/p/3fmv2/tw via @guardian 3 days ago
- RT @Lewis_Lab: estimate: FGM -> 1 to 2 deaths per 100 deliveries. (WHO prospective study, 6 African countries, n=28393) http://t.co/wpSIbPr… 3 days ago
Tag Cloud#FGM #NoFGM 1980s Andrew Lansley austerity AV (Alternative Vote) Big Society children Coalition communities ConDems Conservative culture David Cameron DE-governance demography economy Ed Miliband education elections equality feminist FGM (female genital mutilation) George Osborne Grant Shapps health herstory housing infants Labour leadership Liberal Democrat localism maternity NHS Nick Clegg political defections politicians poverty professionals public services small state Sure Start Children's Centres Victorian welfare state
Tag Archives: Grant Shapps
Today (25 January 2011) sees a Response column in The Guardian by Grant Shapps, Minister for Housing, in which he dismisses Patrick Butler’s prediction that ‘savage cuts will leave people sleeping rough on the streets‘. Shapps proclaims that the Tory-led … Continue reading
The Minister for Housing and Local Government, Grant Shapps, has it seems stepped into the debate up in Liverpool about whether to demolish the early home of ex-Beatle Ringo Starr, where Starr lived for three months (the home he mostly grew up … Continue reading
Local Government Minister Grant Shapps‘ letter in The Guardian today (17 December 2010) refers to the Government’s Localism Bill as a vehicle which ‘will restore local government to its former glory’, and thereby deliver the Big Society. But what sort … Continue reading