Top Posts & Pages
- Ed Miliband is concerned about immigrant workers; he should also worry about large, wealthy families and dwindling resources
- H.M.Government e-petition on FGM rejected
- Campaigning will shift the climate, to end FGM in Britain
- Age-related sexism: women candidates for council, mayor and commissioner elections?
- FGM is a universal horror, including in Britain
- Regional pay: how to increase the North-South divide and weaken the ConDem coalition?
- RT @sharonpavey: Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level gu.com/p/3fmv2/tw via @guardian 20 hours ago
- RT @Lewis_Lab: estimate: FGM -> 1 to 2 deaths per 100 deliveries. (WHO prospective study, 6 African countries, n=28393) http://t.co/wpSIbPr… 20 hours ago
Tag Cloud#FGM #NoFGM 1980s Andrew Lansley austerity AV (Alternative Vote) Big Society children Coalition communities ConDems Conservative culture David Cameron DE-governance demography economy Ed Miliband education elections equality feminist FGM (female genital mutilation) George Osborne Grant Shapps health herstory housing infants Labour leadership Liberal Democrat localism maternity NHS Nick Clegg political defections politicians poverty professionals public services small state Sure Start Children's Centres Victorian welfare state
Tag Archives: FPTP (first past the post)
What will the outcome of the FPTP / AV campaigns tell us? Our main lesson, if we look past the bluster, may be about leadership in a world changing as it never has before, by the day and hour. Tomorrow the … Continue reading
This is tricky, because I consider myself quite progressive and open-minded; but as I’ve already mentioned, NO to the proposed Alternative Vote (AV) I’m afraid it is, for me. But I do realise that in opposing something, I should also offer something … Continue reading