Top Posts & Pages
- Ed Miliband is concerned about immigrant workers; he should also worry about large, wealthy families and dwindling resources
- H.M.Government e-petition on FGM rejected
- Campaigning will shift the climate, to end FGM in Britain
- Age-related sexism: women candidates for council, mayor and commissioner elections?
- FGM is a universal horror, including in Britain
- Regional pay: how to increase the North-South divide and weaken the ConDem coalition?
- RT @sharonpavey: Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level gu.com/p/3fmv2/tw via @guardian 3 days ago
- RT @Lewis_Lab: estimate: FGM -> 1 to 2 deaths per 100 deliveries. (WHO prospective study, 6 African countries, n=28393) http://t.co/wpSIbPr… 3 days ago
Tag Cloud#FGM #NoFGM 1980s Andrew Lansley austerity AV (Alternative Vote) Big Society children Coalition communities ConDems Conservative culture David Cameron DE-governance demography economy Ed Miliband education elections equality feminist FGM (female genital mutilation) George Osborne Grant Shapps health herstory housing infants Labour leadership Liberal Democrat localism maternity NHS Nick Clegg political defections politicians poverty professionals public services small state Sure Start Children's Centres Victorian welfare state
Tag Archives: ConDems
As anticipated following Chancellor George Osborne’s budget, Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has now declared that ‘regional’ pay for health workers is on the agenda. Needless to say, those in the South-East will earn more under this arrangement than colleagues further North. … Continue reading
Increasingly, we read that the present UK government is ‘incompetent’. But I’d suggest the Government is ‘only’ incompetent in things it reckons are fundamentally unimportant for the longer-term. David Cameron may make the occasional attempt to appear cuddly but George … Continue reading
If you haven’t experienced serious illness or longer-term disability you really do need to make the effort, right now, to imagine what that might feel like close up. That’s what I hope to help you do, in this post. Having such … Continue reading
If there was ever any sheen to the Coalition’s domestic ‘policy’, that is now well and truly gone. Whether health, educational or even generic issues such as their self-styled Big Society, it’s pretty clear that ConDem ministers have made little effort … Continue reading